2023 Fellowship Program
About the Young Philanthropist Fellowship
The Philanthropy Connection (TPC) provides Young Philanthropist Fellowships for women between the ages of 18-35 in order to support and encourage the next generation of philanthropists. TPC defines “philanthropist” as anyone who donates their time, talents, and/or money in an effort to improve the lives of others. The Fellowship is open to any young woman interested in becoming part of the women’s collective giving movement, and who is motivated to support The Philanthropy Connection in carrying out its mission.
Our mission is to inspire and enable a community of women to learn, grow, and engage in collective giving to support nonprofit organizations that address systemic inequities impacting individuals and families within the greater Boston area. To join TPC, women choose, based on their ability to give, to make an annual membership investment of $2,500, $1,200, $600, or $300. Members’ donations are pooled and awarded as grants to Boston-area nonprofits in the spring. The more women who join, the more money we have to invest in our grantees. In the last ten years, TPC has given over $1.8 million to organizations in our community. To learn more, visit our website: www.thephilanthropyconnection.org.
- Women ages 18-35 years old.
- TPC members include all women who identify as cisgender, transgender, agender, gender queer, and femme. TPC welcomes everyone for whom “woman” is a meaningful identifier or experience.
- Motivated to learn about philanthropy and the non-profit landscape in Massachusetts.
- Live in the Greater Boston area (within I-495 loop).
Benefits of a Young Philanthropist Fellowship
- Gain hands-on leadership development skills.
- Network with a multigenerational, diverse group of women.
- Develop mentorship relationships with TPC leaders and members.
- Engage with nonprofit organizations in the Greater Boston community.
- Become part of the women’s collective giving movement in Massachusetts.
- Receive a fully subsidized membership during the two years of the fellowship.
- Attend workshops and events to strengthen knowledge of advocacy and philanthropy.
- Enjoy full membership benefits, including the opportunity to learn how to solicit and evaluate grant proposals, and award grants.
- Learn about the governance of nonprofit boards, and discover how to put your unique skills and talents to use as a prospective Board member.
Fellowship Recipient Responsibilities
- Attend Fellowship Kick-Off (Fall 2023)
- First Year
- Second Year
Application & Additional Information
To apply for a Young Philanthropist Fellowship, click here to fill out our Application Form. Please be sure to attach your resume. The Deadline for a completed application is October 13, 2023. Applicants will be notified in October if they are selected for an in-person interview. Recipients will be notified in November.