The Philanthropy Connection provides Fellowships for women between the ages of 21 and 35 in order to support and encourage the next generation of philanthropists. The Fellowship is open to any young woman who is interested in becoming part of the women’s collective giving movement and who is motivated to help TPC redefine what it means to be a philanthropist – anyone who donates her time, talents, and/or treasures in an effort to improve the lives of others.
TPC Fellowships empower young women to deepen their commitment to philanthropy through the opportunity to learn from and contribute to our Give.Receive.Learn model of collective giving. Thanks to TPC members and supporters who cover Fellows’ membership costs, Fellows enjoy full benefits. Participation in grant-making, committee work, and membership events provides opportunities to connect with like-minded, multi-generational women; learn about the needs of the Greater Boston non-profit community; engage in meaningful relationships with grantees; and, identify and deepen the skill sets that Fellows can bring to the table. Fellows are diverse and come from a wide range of backgrounds and have varied experiences, but they all want to invest time in supporting philanthropy in Greater Boston and redefine what it means to be a philanthropist.
- Women between the ages of 21 and 35 years old
- Motivated to learn about philanthropy and the non-profit landscape in Massachusetts
- Able to commit at least a few hours each month to the Fellowship
- Live in the Greater Boston area (within I-495 loop)
Benefits of a being a Fellow
- Become part of the women’s collective giving movement in Massachusetts
- Connect with a diverse and multi-generational group of women
- Enjoy full membership benefits, including the opportunity to learn how to solicit and evaluate grant proposals and award grants
- Expand awareness of the Greater Boston non-profit community
- Develop and refine skill set necessary for non-profit work
Fellowship Recipient Responsibilities: How to Fulfill our Mission
- One year commitment (beginning at the end of May), with the possibility of an invitation for a second year
- Participate on a Grant Review Team (January-June) and one other committee
- Attend at least two of the quarterly Fellows check-in meetings
- Attend at least one Philanthropy Dialogue event (2 hours)
- Attend at least one Connect the Dots recruitment event (2 hours)
- Attend Annual Grant Awards Meeting (May 31, 2018)
- Attend one TPC Board meeting (2-3 hours)
- Attend at least one social/educational program tailored specifically to the interests of TPC members 35 and under
- Attend Fellows retreat (half day)
- Participate in our mentoring program (two in-person meetings per year, at minimum)
The 2018 Fellowship Application is now available. The online application is due on March 18, 2018.