Benefits of Membership
From the moment you join The Philanthropy Connection, you are welcome to participate in all events and on our committees.
These recurring small group discussions feature current TPC Grantees, and explore how non-profits are tackling pressing needs in the greater Boston area. Sample Dialogues have discussed:
- Workforce Development in Greater Boston: Why Can’t We Fill Our Jobs? With grantees Resilient Coders and BEST Hospitality Training.
- The Importance of Mental and Physical Health for Success in Underserved Populations. With TPC grantees Doc Wayne Youth Services and Daily Table.
- What is the current status of immigration in Massachusetts? With TPC grantees Political Asylum and Immigration Representation (PAIR) Project and the Refugee and Immigrant Assistance Center.
Special Programs and Events
Throughout the year, members are invited to additional educational programs that also provide opportunities to connect with one another in small groups. These events have recently discussed:
- Giving Until it Feels Good: Bill Cummings Shares His Model of Entrepreneurial Philanthropy. With Bill and Joyce Cummings of Cummings Foundation
- Louis D. Brown Peace Institute’s Mother’s Day Walk for Peace
- Learn. Lead. Advocate. A Toolkit for Women Philanthropists. A half day workshop for Young Philanthropists teaching financial literacy, skills of effective Board members, and self and professional advocacy.
Members are welcome to join committees such as Member Engagement, Marketing & Communications, Development, the Young Philanthropist Initiative, and Grants (see below). Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Grant Team Participation
As a grant-making organization, our work is, by necessity, cyclical. The number of grants we award each spring is determined by the number of members as of the previous December 31.
For members who join and renew in 2018:
- These donations comprise the grants that will be awarded in June 2019.
- Members may sign up for a grant team in Fall 2018.
- Members will receive a ballot in May 2019 to vote for the 2019-20 grantees.