Benefits of Membership
These recurring small group discussions feature current TPC Grantees, and explore how non-profits are tackling pressing needs in the greater Boston area. Sample Dialogues have discussed:
- Providing health care for people on the margins. With TPC grantees Health Care Without Walls and Adolescent Consultation Services as well as the Chief Medical Officer of Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program.
- What does mentoring actually mean and why is it important? With TPC grantees School on Wheels and Partners for Youth with Disabilities.
- Alleviating food insecurity in the communities that surround us. With TPC grantee Boston Area Gleaners and special guest, chef Irene Li, co-founder of Mei Mei Group. Irene who prepared a simple meal made from gleaned food.
Special Programs and Events
Throughout the year, members are invited to additional educational programs that also provide opportunities to connect with one another in small groups. These events have recently discussed:
- Lunch and Learn: A Discussion about Diversity in the Work Place. Jennifer Aronson of The Boston Foundation led a discussion about why the percentage of people of color in ED/CEO roles has remained under 20% for the last 15 years.
- Young Philanthropist Initiative: A YP’s Look at Philanthropy in Boston. A panel featuring representative of prominent New England community and corporate foundations discussed their careers and the ways each of their foundations approach giving in Boston.
- Film Screening: 4.1 Miles. A private screening and discussion of the Oscar nominated film “4.1 Miles,” a powerful documentary that follows a Greek captain and his crew as they save refugees off Lesbos.
Members are welcome to join committees such as Member Engagement, Marketing & Communications, Development, the Young Philanthropist Initiative, and Grants (see below). Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Grant Team Participation
As a grant-making organization, our work is, by necessity, cyclical. The number of grants we award each spring is determined by the number of members as of the previous December 31.
For members who joined and renewed in 2019:
- These donations comprise the grants that will be awarded in June 2020.
- Members will receive a ballot in May 2020 to vote for the 2020-21 grantees.
For members who join and renew in 2020:
- These donations comprise the grants that will be awarded in June 2021.
- Members may sign up for a grant team in Fall 2020.
- Members will receive a ballot in May 2021 to vote for the 2021-22 grantees.