Benefits of Membership
These recurring small group discussions feature current TPC grantees and other content experts, exploring how nonprofits are tackling pressing needs in the Greater Boston area. Past Dialogues have covered:
- Absent for a Reason. With TPC grantee Fathers’ Uplift, a discussion about how circumstances can often intervene that cause distance between fathers and their children and what this organization is doing to heal those relationships.
- Power Dynamics that Lead to Oppression. A deep dive into how various social and cultural structures can oppress certain groups of people while benefitting others with TPC grantee RIA, Inc., former grantee PAIR Project, and Boston City Councilor Julia Mejia.
- Trust-Based Philanthropy. A TPC member-led discussion about the trust-based approach to philanthropic giving.
Special Programs and Events
Throughout the year, members are invited to additional educational and social programs that provide opportunities to connect with one another in small groups. Recent events include:
- 21-Day Racial Equity Challenge. A self-guided learning journey to examine the history and impacts of racism and other structural inequities.
- TPC Book Club. A discussion of Brit Bennett’s “The Vanishing Half,” a novel about twin sisters who choose to live in two very different worlds – one black and one white.
- Winter Gathering. A purely social evening for TPC members featuring separate sessions for wine tasting, music trivia, dance lessons, Family Feud, and margarita making.
Members are welcome to join committees such as Grants; Education; Member Engagement; Marketing & Communications; Development; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; and the Young Philanthropist Initiative. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Grant Team Participation
As a grant-making organization, our work is, by necessity, cyclical. The number of grants we award each spring is determined by the number of members as of the previous December 31.
For members who join and renew in 2023:
- These donations comprise the grants that will be awarded in June 2024.
- Members may sign up for a grant team in Fall 2023.
- Their membership will last until the end of 2024. Then, they must renew annually.