Grant Review Process
The Philanthropy Connection is a collective giving organization. Each year, approximately one-half of our 250+ members volunteer to evaluate Letters of Intent and Grant Proposals. Volunteers are organized into six to eight person Grant Review Teams and three Team leaders are appointed: a Captain and Deputy, and a Finance Lead responsible for evaluating an applicant’s financial statements. Here is how our grants process operates internally:
• Team leaders participate in training sessions focused on TPC’s rigorous and systematic grant evaluation process.
• Each Grant Review Team evaluates a set of Letters of Intent (LOIs) applications, due to TPC on December 11, 2017 at 5 pm, EST.
• Each Team reviews its LOIs and determines which non-profit organizations will be invited to submit a Full Proposal, notifying applicants on January 26, 2018.
• Teams evaluate full proposals, due to TPC on February 23, 2018 at 5 pm, EST.
• Teams determine which non-profits will be asked for site visits, notifying applicants on March 26, 2018.
• Teams conduct site visits.
• Teams recommend applicants for TPC’s ballot.
• Each TPC member receives a ballot, and casts her vote for which applicants receive funding, with non-profits notified of voting results by May 29, 2018.
• TPC holds its Annual Meeting and Grants Announcement on May 31, 2018, and grantees attend and celebrate with us.