Grant Review Process
The Philanthropy Connection is a collective giving organization. Each year, approximately one-half of our 250+ members volunteer to evaluate Letters of Intent and Grant Proposals. Volunteers are organized into six to eight person Grant Review Teams and three Team leaders are appointed: a Captain and Deputy, and a Finance Lead responsible for evaluating an applicant’s financial statements. Here is how our grants process operates internally:
• Team leaders participate in training sessions focused on TPC’s rigorous and systematic grant evaluation process.
• All grant team members are asked to sign a form agreeing to our Conflict of Interest Policy before evaluating any applications.
• Each Grant Review Team evaluates a set of Letters of Intent (LOI) applications (sample application), due to TPC on December 11, 2020 at 5 pm, EST.
• Each Team reviews its LOIs and determines which non-profit organizations will be invited to submit a Full Proposal, notifying applicants on January 27, 2021.
• Teams evaluate full proposals, due to TPC on February 26, 2021 at 5 pm, EST.
• Teams determine which non-profits will be asked for site visits, notifying applicants on April 5, 2021.
• Teams conduct site visits by April 16, 2021.
• Teams recommend applicants for TPC’s ballot.
• Each TPC member receives a ballot, and casts her vote for which applicants receive funding, with non-profits notified of voting results.
• Applicant finalists will be notified May 18 about grant awards.
• Grant Awards & All-Member Meeting (TBD): grantees attend and celebrate with us.