Temporary Administrator Position
The Philanthropy Connection (TPC) seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented, take-charge individual with a strong interest in non-profits and grant-making for a temporary 3-month contracted position.
We are searching for a motivated individual with excellent time-management skills who can work independently, shares our passion for women’s philanthropy, and is able to provide professional office support/administrative services in a 20-hour a week position. Most of the week this position is working remotely.
The successful candidate will be a skilled database manager with at least 3-5 years experience as a proven manager of multiple high-priority projects, with the ability to anticipate the work that needs to be done, and move it along. Besides working independently, this position requires a person to work with the organization’s Board and committees primarily through phone and email communications.
Must have facility with or willingness and ability to learn multiple software packages, including Wild Apricot (membership and event management database), WordPress websites, and Microsoft Office Suite. Must have access to a computer, preferably laptop for occasional in-person meetings.
Other Desired Skills:
- Ability to do triage when necessary and to maintain a sense of calm
- Proven ability to set priorities and work independently
- Availability to attend key (evenings) meetings and trainings, and to take notes
- Ability to work with a variety of people/personalities
- Ability to be flexible and work around the schedules of volunteer committee chairs and TPC Board members
- Ability to set timelines and deadlines for Board and committee members
Time Period: July 18, 2016 – November 1, 2016
Hourly Range: $20-25 per hour (dependent on experience)
Please submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2016.